Thursday, June 28, 2012

Another month

So it's been another month and here I am again finally.  Austin is amazing and has been rolling over for a month.  He holds his head up great and loves his tummy time.  He smiles and coos and I continue to adore him.  Hannah is starting to repeat words and babbles all the time.  I'm thinking she is going to be more like Alexis.  My girls love to sing and read and love to love on Austin still.  Lex and Kaia are starting tumbling and dance classes next week and I can't wait.  I know Alexis will love it but I'm hoping it'll help Kaia bust out of her shell.  James just got a promotion at work although not what we were hoping for, every little extra helps.  His boss says they'll revisit his pay in a bit but...I'm not holding my breath.
I'm excited we are two months into the summer because that means we are about halfway through the misery of it.  I feel like such a hermit in the summer months of August, perhaps because  I am but uhhgg it is so miserable even enduring the heat from the house to car and car to whatever location and then waiting for the car to cool off.  Yuck it is gross.  I think it wouldn't be so horrible if I wasn't loading and unloading 4 kids every time.  That alone can make a girl work up a sweat. :)
I have been missing having family close recently and it makes me super grateful for the close friends we have here.  I am longing for a trip but alas won't be making one for a while.  James is busy quite frequently on the weekends with scout camps and I have 2 little kiddos that need to grow a little more before I dare venture on a trip alone.  I am super bummed I 'll be missing a wedding and reception for one of my favorite cousins but am excited to go to my nephew's baptism.  Unfortunately we won't be escaping much heat because St. George is barely cooler than we are but we'll take what we can get.
I can hardly believe that Alexis will start school in a little over a month.  I'm so excited and nervous for her.  Excited for her to start a new adventure and to learn and meet new friends but nervous for her to encounter the world that I have protected her from thus far.  She is such a friendly girl and so outgoing that I don't want some bratty mean kid to crush her.  I am nervous to be called to come bring her a change of clothes if she has an accident because for some strange reason that James and I can't figure out she is scared to death of going to the bathroom anywhere but home.  Kaia starts preschool and I am super excited for my little independent girl to get to know other kids and to learn and grow as well.  She is super shy in new situations and I'm hoping this opens her up a bit.  I am excited to be able to have some two on one time with my two littlest kiddos because I feel like I don't get much of that.  Anyway until another month or week goes by and I sit down in peace.

2 comments:

Monaca said...

Ahhh.... you're kids are growing up, it's scary to let them out there in the big world, but luckily elementary prepares you little by little for bigger things to come.

Ditto on the heat factor! I've only left the house once this week and that was after the sun went down!! ha ha!!

Hopefully we'll be able to make our schedules work out one of these days and we can catch up and I can meet you new little Austin :)

luv ya!

Riese said...

Agreed! It has been far to long. We are heading to st.george the first weekend in August for JL's baptism. If you are gonna be around maybe we can stop by and say hello on our way there or our way home. It would just be a quick hello and how ya doin'? bathroom break for an hour, give or take a few, so let me know. :)