Friday, February 1, 2013

Ahh silly life.

So this morning I'm cleaning the kitchen and I can hear Kaia playing with barbies in her bedroom and it reminds me of my sister and I playing with barbies for hours when we were kids and it makes me smile.  Hannah is outside in the back playing with Max, who she loves, more than any of the other kids that girl loves our dog, but every time he licks her she runs in crying that she needs he arm washed or her hand and then she runs back out and says, "NO, Max! No lick-a me.".  Ha ha ha that girl cracks me up.  They are both so content to just do their own thing.  Austin is crawling around back and forth between watching Hannah and watching me.  Soon Kaia goes outside to join Hannah and then Austin sits by the window and screeches at them through the window.  It is moments like this I truly take pleasure in.  When there is peace and happiness and laughter instead of fighting and bickering which I'm sure will come inevitably but ah these moments are awesome!  They are the moments that remind me of why I have chosen to be a stay at home mom.  I am so grateful to be able to watch my kids grow and play and teach them and experience life through their eyes.

I've had a rough week but already the sun is shining again which is not to say all is well but all will be well and this knowledge and the Lord will get me through the dark days that are sure to come occaisionally ahead.  Nothing short of a miracle has what has gotten me from where I was at the start of this week to where I am and I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has given me an oppurtunity to experience it.  As I look back at the last few months of my life I can see that He has actually been preparing me for this week and that is a wonderful thing to realize His love for me to help me through this trial.




A good day!

1 comment:

emily said...

I can't believe how big your kids are! You are such an awesome mom! Wish I could see you! Hope all is well :)